Avo & Co the best veggies and fruit in town!!
Ingredients for the 'rice':
- 1 small head of cauliflower (4-5 cups riced)
- 3 Tbsp cooking fat (I like olive oil but you can use coconut oil)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp Salt , to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. crushed ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 400 ml. full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 800 gr. prawns, peeled
- fresh thyme
3. Stir in lemon zest cook 1 minute. Reserve.
One of my favourite dishes is Curry, with chicken, crab, prawns or vegetarian, I also tried to find a recipe that would be tasty, full of flavour but with my Paleo concept. It was not difficult at all and all the family enjoy this recipe. Very easy to do and a very good flavour variation in your weekly meals.
1. In a hot pan, add the olive oil, garlic and fry the onion until golden brown.
2. After add the ginger and fry for another 10 seconds and then, add all of the spices.
3. Fry until the mixture is fragrant and then, pour in the lemon juice and coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until reduced slightly and then, add the prawns.
5. Allow the prawns to cook in the sauce for 10 minutes.
6. Serve the prawns and sauce over cauliflower rice with fresh thyme.